Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me now?


This is my latest creation. It is made from telephone wires that were pulled out of an underground conduit feeding a building we are about to move our offices into. "Out with the old and in with the new" meant a new art project for moi.


I actually went online to find out how the Africans make their wonderfully constructed and colorful baskets, but apparently this is a well kept secret for this developing nation. With all of the internet at my fingertips, including Youtube, there was nowhere to be found information on this skill-set. 


Oh well, this is my version. And, if I had more patience with this type of project, my second one would look much better. But there will probably not be a second one. Maybe a coaster or two. Weʻll see. Iʻll have to wait until my swollen thumb recovers and my arthritic fingers cease to throb.

No comments: