Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shoot it!

So, I just got off the phone with my internet provider. Granted, it is 9:30 pm on a Saturday night, so conversations may not be as formal as ones being monitored during the day; but this one was hilarious. Also...this is Hawaii.


I made the call because my internet is giving me fits. It is sporadic and has been working whenever it bloody well feels like it, not necessarily when I want it to work. Anyway, the technician was running tests on my line, so, just shooting the breeze I mentioned that I had on my wall a giant black moth measuring about 6 inches across.  Without hesitation he said, "Shoot it!" Then he asked if I had any hairspray. When I asked him what for, he said I could get up really close and then, while spraying it, light the spray on fire (essentially torching it). Thoughts of a giant flaming moth fluttering around my head while standing on an  8 foot ladder went flickering across my vision. He then launched in to how harmful the dust of those moths are and how it could seriously blind me. I love it here.


Well, my internet is working, but the mammoth moth still lurks in the corner waiting for the opportunity to impair my vision while I'm preoccupied on the internet googling ways to kill moths... (by the way, my moth looks bigger and scarier)

1 comment:

Becca said...

I seriously can not believe how awesome you are.