Saturday, January 30, 2010

Goals and Resolutions

There is a very fine line between goals and resolutions. Goals are short or long term targets for achieving something and resolutions are, basically, good intentions. Did you know that only 3% of the fine inhabitants of our great nation make goals? Did you also know that the wealthiest people of this same nation are among those who make goals? Well, boy howdy, I'm making me some!

This is a brand new decade and with it will come concrete, thought-out, written-down, date-stamped Goals. Number one on this list of goals is to shed a few of these unwanted pounds that somehow mysteriously attached themselves to me in all the most unflattering areas in the last decade. So how do you achieve goals, you may ask? Write them down, figure out when you want to achieve them by, identify the obstacles that may get in the way, and focus on the benefits that will shower down upon you when you achieve your goal.

So let's see; 40 lbs lighter, by November 2010, everything good tasting under the sun, and obviously to look fabulous in a bikini and be the envy of all other 52 year-olds. There. I have bared my soul to all of the millions of people who read my blog who can now and forever hold me accountable to my publicly stated goal of the year. Whew.

Oh don't you worry your pretty little head. I've got plenty of other goals as well. I'll keep you posted, I need to go now and nibble on something...

No comments: