Sunday, January 10, 2010

Facebook vs the Blog


My experiment with Facebook, I think, is coming to a close. The nifty difference between having a blog and interacting on Facebook is that the blog isn't comprised of daily stalkers wondering what I am doing at any given moment, or past acquaintances bragging about their recent vacation shooting skeet in the middle of nowhere with their Very Dear Friends. It was all way too much to keep track of.

Even my 85 year old mother could see it for what it was. A pain the the *ss. My well-meaning niece thought that it would be a great idea if her grandmother had a Facebook account to keep track of and communicate with all of her family. In retrospect, I think that it would be safe to say that if the woman is still trying to answer the phone with the TV controller, then Facebook might be somewhat of a challenge for her. Long story short, I helped delete her account and probably no one will be the wiser.

Anyway, I am back (if there is even anyone who cares or is reading this blog) and I've got some more soapy goodness to share as well as thoughts on the coming new year. Yeah!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I can say now that I am so sorry that I am just now reading your blog. It is hilarious! I love it!!