Thursday, January 21, 2010

Syndromes vs Addictions

Restless Leg Syndrome. I'm sorry, I can't talk to you right now. It is past my bedtime and my legs are convulsing; twitching relentlessly, disavowing authority of control from my brain. Apparently this syndrome mostly manifests itself during sleep, but I find that it creeps up on me well before beddie bye and hacks its way into my nerves; setting off spasm-bombs that go off repeatedly and sporadically causing my laptop computer to become a nauseating moving target. This is a syndrome that I have no control over.

Addictions are something altogether different. I'm here to tell you, boys and girls, don't be a bad person and hang out on street corners and back alleys bit-torrenting like there is no tomorrow. Learn from my mistakes. Yes, I'm a bit-torrenting junkie, and it is taking its toll. 


Even as I write this I have adware popping up at inconvenient and annoying intervals on my computer. Shoot. This is not the first time I have inadvertently downloaded viruses. I meant to be more careful. This is an addiction and it can be controlled, but unfortunately, I choose not to.


Now I must shuffle the "walk of shame" and ask forgiveness from my I.T. Guru. "Never again", I will chant. Until the next time.

No comments: