Sunday, May 2, 2010

Washing my truck in the rain

Yesterday I washed my truck in the rain. It must be close to eight months since I gave the old girl a bath and it was  starting to affect my activities in and around her. You know how it is; you go to lean in to grab something out of the bed and, ack, youʻve gotten grime all over your clothes. Or spiderʻs webs are getting so prolific that things you toss into the truck start to bounce back out.


So, yesterday, I was all set to do the deed; bucket of soapy water ready, hose stretched out all around the perimeter, sponge in hand, windows rolled up. Then the rains came. Darn. So, I decided I was not made of sugar, donned a raincoat, and launched into the task. 


The raincoat was a mistake. This is Hawaii, after all. While it kept the wetness from falling on me from above, the heat and humidity quickly combined to form a rainstorm from within the coat producing rivulets of sweat that got me just as wet.


While I was at it, I washed the dog crate I carry around in the back of the truck and washed my two dogs as well. All of us got a good soaking, some of us with soap.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sick. You sweat?!?!