Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lawn in your loo

This is called the Moss Carpet. It is designed by Yanko Design who's motto is "Form beyond function". Real moss is actually embedded into this mat, and they figure the humidity of the bathroom will keep it alive.


How therapeutic is that?! Fresh out of the bath you can snuggle your toes into the fresh moss; standing naked on your own private lawn.


If I had this tiny bit of real estate, I'd have to keep the bathroom door locked at all times. I share my life with two canines who would squat on this square quicker than you can say, "No! Bad dog".


This idea got me pondering, though. I think I could couple this mini-garden with one designed for my walls. A nice fungus collection including mold and mildew with a wispy frame of cobwebs. Maybe I can make my recalcitrant housecleaning work in my favor. "Oh that? That is a new piece I like to call 'Dank Decor'".


So anyway, if they are serious about designing carpet that is only 4 sq. ft. of moss, they should consider installing an entire lawn inside my bathroom. I could get my weed-whacker in there once a week, maybe set up a little putting green. Maybe they could make it out of wheat grass and I could graze on it every morning to get my daily dose of vitamins and minerals. I could nap in there on my personal Field of Dreams. The possibilities are endless.



No comments: