Saturday, March 13, 2010

All bottled up

 I have felt all bottled up. Like a stopper of some sort is blocking my creativity.  Okay, my definition of "lately" is about 20 years or so. It's just that somewhere along the line I became an art appreciator rather than an art-ist.  So, for the last 20 years I have been trying to find my way back.


I've tried every medium within my means: basket weaving, pottery, knitting, beading, soapmaking, carving soap stone, oil painting, acrylic painting, watercolors, wreathmaking, sketching, sculpting, welding, candle making, embossing, macrame, casting, flame work, and many more I can't even remember.  Nothing seems to "fit" right. Nothing gets me into the "zone", channeling the creative power; becoming one with my art.


I am like a barren mother. Loving her adopted children, but never getting to experience childbirth.  What will it take to make this breakthrough? I need some Art Therapy, stat! Wouldn't it be disappointing to discover that once I have my breakthrough, there is nothing but junk to offer? Become uncorked just to find out I have nothing creative inside of me? Oh, woe is me. Maybe I'll start playing with my food.


I'll keep waiting for the miracle of unstoppage while I craft with my fingers on this keyboard for now... At least I have a nice MacBook Pro to keep me company while I bide my time in this dreary waiting room.

1 comment:

Rachelbo said...

Sounds like your "muse" disappeared around the time you were popping out children. Maybe all your creativity was passed on to your amazing kids. Please try to think back before we "drained" you... inspiration.