Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Hunted

"Thump, Thump" the sound of running,
As I duck behind a door.

I can hear my heart a-pumping,
"Boom, Boom" against the floor.

I lie down on the ground,
And listen to it beat.
"Boom, Boom" I hear it pumping,
And I hear the sound of feet.

"Pat, Pat" the distant sound
of footsteps away downstairs.
"Thump, Thump" they get much louder,
And its more than I can bear.

"Pat-Pat" they go away now,
My fear is now drawn taught.
If they come right back now,
I will be surely caught.

I hear my breath quite loudly,
"Whoosh-Whoosh-Whoosh" it goes.
How long will it last now?
No one really knows.

This poem was written in 1996 by Nate Boshears, age 13.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot that we could comment on these!
I thoroughly enjoyed that poem! That Nate, so creative!
Guess what? Andrew leaves the 17th, so you can stay with me... if you want. No pressure. The Rolstons are coming the 22 i think, so again, no pressure. I love you and will talk to you tomorrow!