Sunday, July 20, 2008

Life bit by bit


What is better by the slice?

(Photo: NaPali coast, Kauai)




Pretty much everything. Even though I want the whole cake, I can really appreciate it better bit by bit. So, this blog is dedicated to taking life one step at a time; slowing down and taking a look around. That is why I live in paradise.


Kauai is not for the party animal, type-A, overachiever. Life here is laid back; a watches-off sort of place. When I first moved here in 2001 I quickly discovered that no one shared my sense of urgency about anything; from needing to move quickly through the grocery line, to accomplishing projects at work in a timely (again, my definition) manner. What I quickly learned was that it usually doesn't really matter if it gets done today or tomorrow...it will eventually get done. This has nothing to do with laziness or lack of interest on the part of others. What it does have to do with is taking one thing at a time and keeping your priorities in order.


Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog. Check back for other things offered by the slice.

No comments: